Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
    Loves Naru

I am back good to be here.

Well after almost 9 years I am back. I finally have time to get back into Manga and Anime and what a better place to get going again. So great to be back

PS thanks to the admin who helped me get my account back.
    Last edited by Tucker; 8 Jan 2014 at 10:30 pm.

Ittouhei of the Naru Brigade

Howdy! I'm sorry that this greeting is coming so late!
    I honestly can't believe that when I'm away no one can be arsed to say hello...

Anyway glad to have you back, even though you were around long before I showed up.

What Anime/Manga are you into? Besides Love Hina of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoh
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Loves Naru
    At last someone willing to post. I remember when it took less then a minute to get like 10 responses on a hello I am new thread. Oh the good old days.

Anyway besides Love Hina my other favorite is Ah My Goddess which the manga is still going in its 304th chapter in japan, it just sucks that there is only one group still translating them so it takes over a month for a new one to get done put into English. So I have decided to borrow my friends Rosetta Stone and learn Japanese. Their written word will be tough to learn but in the end well worth it.

I have checked out Negima its was good but I only got about half of it before I got sidetracked to other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
    At last someone willing to post. I remember when it took less then a minute to get like 10 responses on a hello I am new thread. Oh the good old days.

Anyway besides Love Hina my other favorite is Ah My Goddess which the manga is still going in its 304th chapter in japan, it just sucks that there is only one group still translating them so it takes over a month for a new one to get done put into English. So I have decided to borrow my friends Rosetta Stone and learn Japanese. Their written word will be tough to learn but in the end well worth it.

I have checked out Negima its was good but I only got about half of it before I got sidetracked to other things.
    I remember those days too. Hopefully we'll get back to that level of activity soon!

I dabbled in Japanese back in highschool. It's not TOO difficult once you get over that initial "holy crap this is a different language" thing.
    I never had TOO much of a problem with reading the written word. It was writing it correctly that always got me.

Watching subbed anime can kinda help too (if the subs are on point) with associating the word they're saying with the English word in the sub.
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Loves Naru
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi Shinomori View Post
    I remember those days too. Hopefully we'll get back to that level of activity soon!

I dabbled in Japanese back in highschool. It's not TOO difficult once you get over that initial "holy crap this is a different language" thing.
    I never had TOO much of a problem with reading the written word. It was writing it correctly that always got me.

Watching subbed anime can kinda help too (if the subs are on point) with associating the word they're saying with the English word in the sub.
    Yea I have tried that before. I did learn a little from watching anime with subs. That is what really go me interested in it in the first place. I never really thought about the writing being the harder part of that. If my High school had offered it i would have taken it but all they had was Spanish and French wasn't really interested in either even though I did take Spanish but it never really sank in. I do actually want to learn this one so motivation is the key to succeeding in anything. Kind of sounds like Keitaro doesn't it.

I am also working on my own fan fiction for Love Hina for the 3 years before the epilogue. I am still kind of depressed that the series ended so I decided to write some of my own. It just seemed to poor out of me for some reason already wrote like 15 pages of dialogue and what is going on each scene since I cant draw with a crap.

Yea I have tried that before. I did learn a little from watching anime with subs. That is what really go me interested in it in the first place. I never really thought about the writing being the harder part of that. If my High school had offered it i would have taken it but all they had was Spanish and French wasn't really interested in either even though I did take Spanish but it never really sank in. I do actually want to learn this one so motivation is the key to succeeding in anything. Kind of sounds like Keitaro doesn't it.
    That's half the battle right there, being motivated is the best thing when it comes to languages. I tried Spanish and French and really couldn't get a handle on either.

My highschool taught a lot of stuff (like Japanese, Mythology, etc etc non-standard classes) but they didn't tell you about it. I just happened to stumble onto the online courses section while reading the elective class manual or whatever. It was hidden in there pretty good, I suppose they didn't want people to find it?

Anyway, yeah the writing is difficult because you have to do the lines in a certain order and some of the characters look really similar. So you have to be specific with your lines.

It just seemed to poor out of me for some reason already wrote like 15 pages of dialogue
    Wow! Fifteen pages is a lot of writing. I hope it turns out well.

and what is going on each scene since I cant draw with a crap.
    That's the good part about writing right? You don't need to be able to draw if you can write.

Loves Naru
    That's half the battle right there, being motivated is the best thing when it comes to languages. I tried Spanish and French and really couldn't get a handle on either.

My highschool taught a lot of stuff (like Japanese, Mythology, etc etc non-standard classes) but they didn't tell you about it. I just happened to stumble onto the online courses section while reading the elective class manual or whatever. It was hidden in there pretty good, I suppose they didn't want people to find it?

Anyway, yeah the writing is difficult because you have to do the lines in a certain order and some of the characters look really similar. So you have to be specific with your lines.
    Thanks for warning it should be fun to do. When I get time to do it.

Wow! Fifteen pages is a lot of writing. I hope it turns out well.
    Yea I just started and next thing I knew I had that much.

That's the good part about writing right? You don't need to be able to draw if you can write.
    Yea It was fun writing those pages. I got to continue the story how I wanted to, but I tried to keep the characters to there personalities though. Even though I haven't done much with most of them besides Naru and Keitaro. Some people might like it but I know some people won't. Depends on if i have the courage to post it after i am done with it.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back! You should see the HKSS, we're up to 10,000 members +

Thread Information