Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPinc Leader

RPinc Leader

So, I keep getting messages from people wanting to join, all of which go unanswered as I've been floating up until now. Sure, they were amusing at first, but it's really kind of sad that no one knew who to turn to over this.

Who in the name of Luna is the leader at the moment? And why are they failing so miserably at doing their job?

In fact... A mere glimpse of the RP forum made me feel really down in the dumps. It's so... lifeless... Come on guys, was I REALLY that important to the forum?

Self-centred-ness aside, what the sweet Luna has happened here? We had a decent RP community. Where'd it disappear to? Was it honestly basing itself around Balmung, Ryo and I? Could it not keep itself together without us?
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Aniki is my King
    In a word ty: yes.

There's just no RP interest here.

As for the leadership, idea, i have NO idea. All i know is that I'm not them. It's probably Bal or Ryo.
    Last edited by Grey Fox; 15 May 2009 at 1:30 pm.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's still me...
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Leading Sgt. of the ASR Pzycho Leech's Avatar
    This Means we get to RP again?

You see your loyal subjects already rally at this threat hehe

FOR THE UNION!

[action=Tyroki]sighs[/action]

We need to come up with something lads.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    I'm willing to rp more, just that none suited my interests of late :x

Really? What have you guys been stuck with thusfar?
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

I'm always up for some more zombie shooting ^^

The first RE RP didn't get off... The second one actually reached nearly 100 post and far more in the OCC.. Now the third one MUST be a successes ^^

There is also a Biochock RP in the OCC that sounds fairly interessting.

FOR THE UNION!

Aniki is my King
    The Metal GEAR seemed to be a possibility, but not as many people actually signed up as they said they would. For the moat part there's been open battle threads in here.

Hmm... An original RP may do better though. If you base an RP off something that's already been created, you tend to be limited to that small fanbase. The problem with AnimeB is, there are too many fanbases, but most of them are small. Then you have to narrow those fanbases down to those willing to RP.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    Lol, You stole the words from my mouth Tyro I was gonna say the difference about Original and non but meh, you got it out of the way for me.

Something original (and good) would be interesting. And put everyone on a more equal footing.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

The stuff about fanbase is very correct. It's the reason I wouldn't join MGS RP for example

The question is how much work we are willing o put into making something original?
    Long or short term, or are we going to create an entire new world to play in?

FOR THE UNION!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzycho Leech View Post
    are we going to create an entire new world to play in?
    *wink wink* I am currently not into roleplaying itself, but I have been developing the idea of an island community based on AnimeB. The island has everything from a lively harbor to a shady street with the NBB clubhouse and from a (hopefully dormant) volcano to Selo's Sombrero Shop! I might be posting a couple of maps within a week or so.
    Last edited by Katajainen; 13 Oct 2009 at 11:55 pm.

"I'm back an' I got a bigger gat!" (Sir Mix-a-Lot)

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

I actually had in mind something with Animeb as the universe, but I'm glad to hear I can still slack off and leave the work to others XD

I think it sounds like a good Idea actually, different brigades could actually be incorporated into this.

FOR THE UNION!

Blog Entries
    Why don't you write down here one or two of your best ideas, then? I will incorporate what I find suitable.

Cherish the memory of the Animeb Independent Volunteer Aerial Strikeforce, the Scandinavian Brigade, the Nosebleed Brigade, and every fan who fell in heroic battle for his or her favorite Hinata-sō girl! History ignored becomes history repeated.

What I known for sure is that there needs to be some sort of fighting involved, since that is the RP that appeals to most the RP'ers here on Animeb. Again it would also be cool to incorporate the brigades, though that might cause some issuses like people having more thn one char. or what brigade they should side with incase they have more than one

Pure management, it would be a good idea to make some seperated threads, like having an OCC with all char. profiles in the first post, so that they may easily be looked up. (Reffering to the same management style I used in the RE RP)

---

Ruturning to the original talk on fanbases, it think that the creators of each RP have to expand slighty, to make it less fan orientated. Again reffering to the RE RP, I tried to make it more of a zombie survival based in the RE universe instead of a rulebook RE RP. The games could be used as refference on locations and monsters, but nothing more. Thereby I tried to open it up to more people than a little fanbase, and it seemed to work decently.

FOR THE UNION!

Blog Entries
    Again it would also be cool to incorporate the brigades, though that might cause some issuses like people having more thn one char. or what brigade they should side with incase they have more than one
    I think it would be cool that people would have to choose their primary brigades in case of conflict within AnimeB. That would bring back some feeling of the good old times.

What I known for sure is that there needs to be some sort of fighting involved, since that is the RP that appeals to most the RP'ers here on Animeb.
    My personal view:
    Spoiler

Generally speaking: This idea is only very loosely based on "Strike Witches". How about a mysterious threat from outside? Unknown and deadly enemies making raids on the island, at first only at night and not so visibly that everybody would take them seriously. Controversy between different groups of AnimeB as to how the threat should be dealt with. Conflicts between residents as a tradition (just think about the real online history of AnimeB!). Especially duels would be customary, but it would not be appropriate to actually kill a fellow resident.

This would divide fighting scenes into two categories. When you fight the invader NPCs, it is about life and death. When you fight another PC, it is usually different. You are seriously trying to knock him/her out or win in some other way defined by the rules of duel, but you must not kill - or you have to face a trial and, depending on the circumstances, usually deportation or imprisonment. (Because duels as such are legal on the island, there may be exceptional cases when the penalty for a kill is only a fine plus compensation. Do not try that at home, kids.)

EDIT: Hmm, and one or more PCs could actually be traitors, secretly helping the invaders in some way. Now that could get wicked...
    Last edited by Katajainen; 17 May 2009 at 11:25 am.

Agreed!
    Not much to say, but though my horrible chosen words you amnage to draw a clear red line, fantastic ^^

I start off suggesting all prime members of /emp/ as traitors

FOR THE UNION!

Blog Entries
    I start off suggesting all prime members of /emp/ as traitors
    Ha ha...! Oh no, those guys are way too used to bluntly speaking out their minds. You should know better: the real sneaky people are found in the real brigades!

Oh yeah, we got custom user titles. Mr.Anderson's Avatar
    I'll be honost, I haven't read the entire thread but I noticed the subject changed to how to get it active here (and that Bal is the leader here).

Basically I'm up for any fantasy RP and I'm actually dying to enter a mecha one based on Gundam Wing (vaguely remembers letting Bal down by not posting on a different forum)

On a side note, I think I can see the problem of our inactivity... Bal was left in charge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information