Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Thread: haruki Murakami

haruki Murakami

has anyone read any of his books Ive been meaning to but I dont have the time. but we read a chapter from the windup bird chronicles and now Im reinterested. I also wanna read hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world .
    badass nun......what more can you want?

I am one with the ecchi... NODOKALOVER92's Avatar
    Well, I've recently read Kafka on the Shore, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it! The way Murakami mixes a surreal Japan with unforgettable characters and a nifty storyline (where else do you get Ku-Nel Sanders staging as a pimp and a whore quoting Hegel?) makes for an interesting and new experience, to say the least!

The one thing I didn't like about the book was the fact that many of the plot twists it's built on don't really get any answers to speak of (apart from some enigmatic sentences I've seriously given up on interpreting).
    I have some other books of his which I've been meaning to read, but for now this is the only one in my repertoire.
    One day, God loomed over His Earth and proclaimed, for the whole world to hear: "Let there be a single, faultless speck of light on this plane; One which will happily glint undisturbed forevermore...", and as His strained voice echoed throughout the entire Universe, He uttered just one last sentence, decisive and final:
    "Let there be NODOKA!"

The proud 3rd in command of the glorious, immaculate and awe-inspiring

Quote Originally Posted by NODOKALOVER92 View Post
    Well, I've recently read Kafka on the Shore, and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    Same here, read it last year, i liked how i could never put my finger on what was ahead. He has a little sinister touch at times as well as good wisdom, makes for a nice experience, it's definitely different from what i was used to read.

PS: I'm not a fan of Nodoka, but people who are should check it out.. lol, i never made the parallel before writing this.
    Some people wish to get what they deserve, while others fear the same.

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth." -Alphonse Elric

Blog Entries
    I've only read two of his books so far, Norwegian Wood and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and think he's a good so far. Something about his writing creates an impact, especially Norwegian Wood. That book in particular made me feel really absentminded for a week or two after reading it.. Not often does a book do that to me to that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer Shittingway View Post
    An entire month to write 2 words?

Thread Information