Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Leader of the Code Geass Brigade D C Warrior's Avatar

Code Geass Brigade

I Demitri Connel Warrior hereby inaugurate the foundation of the Code Geass Brigade. Many have a misunderstanding of this series as being a simple "Mecha" series anime. I am here to tell you that this belief is wrong. This series has greatness etched into every fabric of its being. The struggles in this story ring true and loudly with a deafening, heart shattering roar that brings tears to the eyes and sorrow to ones heart. At the same time it is quite possibly the most intellectual and psychological series I have ever seen.

Before we begin. I have had many people say to me that this series is a watered down version of Death Note. All i have to say to this is GO TO HELL. I am the second in command of the Death Nte Brigade, and although i consider tham to have some similarities, quite technically they are nothing alike. Death Note is a great series in and of its own. (Lelouch isn't some nut who wants to become "god of the new world")

I am also quite new to the brigades, and would appreciate contributions from the members if possible. I would like to start some events and make this as enjoyable as possible.

If anyone out there enjoys an intelectual conversation please join.

The World's Full Of Ways & Means To Waste Time
    Hey. I can be very interlectual when i want to, so ill Join.

Now, Before i seem like i know stuff, Ive never seen code geass.

HOWEVER!

I have all the episodes downloaded on my computer, and im watching the first few episodes tonight.

Ill gladly join, if you will let me. im a huge mecha fan aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKentaroShakeManye View Post
    Neji is cool, and the rest of you suck
    [Today 11:06 pm] Ebenezer Shittingway: Alcohol. It just works.

I would be glad to have you as a member of this brigade. I hope that you enjoy the series when you get the chance to watch it. I will tell you now that this series took quite a while to get into for myself. The reason being that...to put it bluntly...it is quite slow at points and I dislike Mecha shows (sorry) . The great thing about this series is that although it is slow, every episode has a section that makes you want to watch more, you simply have to be a little patient. Now to make myself clear. I do not hate shows with "Mecha's" in them. I hate shows that are completely about Mecha's. Until this show, (and I still haven't seen any of the Gundam series except for the original Gundam Seed...which I would have to say is one of the worst Mecha shows i have seen yet) I had never seen a show with these metalic wonders that has interested me. Reason being, the show has nothing to do with them. Among the shows I have seen this and Eureka Seven have the best looking Mecha's and fighting screenshots for these units that I have ever seen......I still don't like them.

The F*cked up Sadist GSDAkatsuki's Avatar
    I got over Code Geass quickly. It's ending was very disappointing. They pretty much ****ed up the last half of the 2nd season. It was just utter BS all the way. It would be one of those animes that started off great but had a shitty conclusion making it a below average anime.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDAkatsuki View Post
    I got over Code Geass quickly. It's ending was very disappointing. They pretty much ****ed up the last half of the 2nd season. It was just utter BS all the way. It would be one of those animes that started off great but had a shitty conclusion making it a below average anime.
    First off from my judgement of your previous posts, I have found you to be completely intolerable, rude, obnoxious, and having poor judgement in the anime you prefer/dislike. I would appreciate no further interferance from you, and for all member to ignore such posts from this user on this thread.

Second off. Although it did get a little wierd towards the middle of the second season, it still had amazing concepts and visual imagery and held to the story line extremely well. Now for your jibe at the ending...If you truly think it to be "very disappointing," you, my friend have very little taste indeed. The ending of this series I found completely fabulous and awe inspired. Certainly it was bittersweet, but it held true to the "morals" of the story and had my heart throb with the agony portrayed in the scene.

Again, this is a Brigade for the fans of the show to join and enjoy talking to other fans. Any further action criticising this show on this thread will be reported. If you dislike the show post your views somewhere else.

the team killing f*cktard Celtickiller01's Avatar
    this is my first post so bare with me plz. When i first watched Code Geass at my house with D C warrior i really couldnt stand it at first. i really dislike shows with mecha's in it and at first glance i thought it was going to be another show where it revolved around the mecha's, but boy was i wrong. It took the second time from the very beginning to get into it, thats when i realized it wasnt about the mecha's but the emotions that was contained within it. yes it does get abit slow at points but what happens after that is what makes it worth while to watch. like i said earlier i really disliked it but now it is #1 on my top 10 anime list, just becuase of the pure raw emotions that you get when you watch it. i dont think there has been a show that affected me more then Code Geass other then Negima! when a certain girl dies at the second to last episode. anyway thats about it, thank you for taking the time to read my post and plz comment on it if you want to.

P.S one last thing, GSDakatsuki, if you ever read this post and criticize it i wont hesitate to report you, im not as......tolerable as other people are, understand?
    Last edited by Celtickiller01; 29 Jul 2009 at 9:07 am. Reason: found some mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Celtickiller01 View Post
    this is my first post so bare with me plz. When i first watched Code Geass at my house with D C warrior i really couldnt stand it at first. i really dislike shows with mecha's in it and at first glance i thought it was going to be another show where it revolved around the mecha's, but boy was i wrong. It took the second time from the very beginning to get into it, thats when i realized it wasnt about the mecha's but the emotions that was contained within it. yes it does get abit slow at points but what happens after that is what makes it worth while to watch. like i said earlier i relly disliked it but now it is #1 on my top 10 anime list, just becuase of the pure raw emotions that you get when you watch it. i dont think there has been a show that affected me more then Code Geass other then Negima! when a certain girl dies at the second to last episode. anyway thats about it, thank you for taking the time to read my post and plz comment on it if you want to.

P.S one last thing, GSDakatsuki, if you ever read this post and criticize it i wont hazatate to report you, im not as......tolerable as other people are, understand?
    You spelled "hesitate" wrong. (There, I criticized you.)

So nobody going to be running about yelling "Is there a R3"? "Oh please let there be a R3." "When is R3 going to come out"? "There has got to be a R3 cuz Lelouch is still alive."

Oh yeah, OVA I heard is coming out for the series. Recap with possible changed ending.
    Last edited by GSDAkatsuki; 28 Jul 2009 at 4:05 pm.

Aniki is my King
    Join'd nuff said. Let me lay down some ground points:

- I like lelouch
    - I hate Suzaku
    - I like almost everyone else, especially in R2, xinghe ftw
    - Code geass is Love
    - I love how many Tales VA's they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Fox View Post
    Join'd nuff said. Let me lay down some ground points:

- I like lelouch
    - I hate Suzaku
    - I like almost everyone else, especially in R2, xinghe ftw
    - Code geass is Love
    - I love how many Tales VA's they have.

....Yes. Lelouch is pretty amazing and, I have some friends who dislike/hate suzaku, so I know what you mean. I personally enjoyed him during "almost" the entire first season. After he made his "great betrayal" at the end of the season...he lost my respect and never regained it.

My personal favorites are as follows.
    1. Euphimia
    2. Mao
    3. "The Earl of Pudding" lolz
    4. Lelouch
    5. Jeremiah (orange-boy)
    6. Li Xingke
    7. Shirley
    8. Rolo
    9. Kallen
    10. Suzaku (can't think of anyone else I like so...this is the guy I hate the least.)

You are correct. Code Geass is love...hate...retribution....pain... happiness...as well as many other emotions wrapped into one. Code Geass is not a series you can sum up with simply one word.

P.S. Who asked about Tales? I am sorry, but since none of them are english dubbed, I am not really that interested. (no offense intended)
    Last edited by D C Warrior; 30 Jul 2009 at 2:13 am.

my favorites are the following:

1. Lelouch/Zero
    2. C2 (before and after memory loss)
    3. Mao (i'm gonna make you compact)
    4. Earl of Pudding
    5. Jeremiah Gottwald (after he becomes orange boy)
    6. Euphimia
    7. Kullen
    8. Shirley
    9. Rolo
    10. Aruthur (because he bites Suzaku every chance he gets)

Aniki is my King
    Tales is relevant to Geass because they share a LOT of dub actors who make for awesome running jokes about the similarities between the chars they play e.g. flynnzaku, god general of pudding, Emilouch, Charles Grants .etc ;P

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin lakai's Avatar
    Hey, can I join? I <3 Code Geass.... best anime ever

Xbox Live Gamertag - D3LTA 07

Quote Originally Posted by lakai View Post
    Hey, can I join? I <3 Code Geass.... best anime ever
    If you truly love Code Geass, then we would be glad to have you join. Please tell us about your experience in watching it, how you were introduced, etc.

Blog Entries
    Chess, the game of life :3

I found the ending to be pretty much all I'd hoped for. You don't plot to take over on a wide scale without knowing and ACCEPTING all possible outcomes

With something as grand as Lelouch plotted, I'm satisfied ^_^

So, I'm joining...

No seriously....bottom of the list
    Last edited by Balmung; 30 Jul 2009 at 11:28 am.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Apparently Kallen has been doing well after CG and has been filling in roles in other animes to gain some notable reputation.

Such as Bleach

or YuGiOh 5D

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin lakai's Avatar
    My favorites:
    1. C.C.
    2. Lelouch
    3. Shirley
    4. Kallen
    5. Xingke

Hate list:
    1. Nina (I hate her so much, I can't even explain)
    2. Rolo (for killing Shirley!)
    3. Suzaku (although he somewhat redeemed himself towards the end, but only a little)

The ending was great, Lelouch's plan worked perfectly, and I still have hope that he's still alive!

Xbox Live Gamertag - D3LTA 07

Blog Entries
    Much love to Jeremiah Gottwald

Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

During the entirety of the show, C2 comments on how Geass is an embodiment of the deepest wishes of your soul. For Example, Lelouch always wanted to be obeyed due to a lust for power his fathe rforced him into, and a lack of it, so his Geass allowed him the ability to control the people he uses it on no matter what.

Due to this information,what do you believe that your Geass would be if a person with a "code" gave you one?

I myself have found thatI have always wished happiness on those around me, while being unable to make myself happy no matter the situation. I have always seeked frendship, but found little or none, I have always been outgoing , and put down for it. Etc.

I believe thagt my Geass would bring an "ultimate" happiness to those I use it on, making them extremely charitable and cheerful. An ability that could make the world happy....sounds good to me.... =)

What do you all think your geass's would be?

for me it would be hard to say. in the past when i tried to be friends with someone they were cool with but ultimately ending up stabbing me in the back which made me the person i am today, quiet and lonely but secretly wishing for someone to be my friend. so i guess my geass power would be to make friends that are loyal and wont betray me.

idk good enough for me i guess, i really dont know how to express myself to posts like this one d.c warrior made so for now this will have to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information