Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

The King's Avatar (Quanzhi Gaoshou)

Probably the first Chinese Anime I've watched that wasn't absolute garbage, turned out to be better than a fair chunk of anime in a similar field. This is basically Sword Art Online done much, much, much better, though without starting out as Isekai.

From MAL: "Widely regarded as a trailblazer and top-tier professional player in the online multiplayer game Glory, Ye Xiu is dubbed the "Battle God" for his skills and contributions to the game over the years. However, when forced to retire from the team and to leave his gaming career behind, he finds work at a nearby internet café. There, when Glory launches its tenth server, he throws himself into the game once more using a new character named "Lord Grim."

Ye Xiu's early achievements on the new server immediately catch the attention of many players, as well as the big guilds, leaving them to wonder about the identity of this exceptional player. However, while he possesses ten years of experience and in-depth knowledge, starting afresh with neither sponsors nor a team in a game that has changed over the years presents numerous challenges. Along with talented new comrades, Ye Xiu once again dedicates himself to traversing the path to Glory's summit!"

That's basically what makes him so good. Experience, knowledge of game mechanics, and a damned incredible APM are what makes this guy the best. He's also trying to play in a world where after a certain age, people aren't really considered worth sponsoring.

It just did things right, and was surprisingly enjoyable.
    Looking forward to the upcoming second season.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    I'm right alongside you on this department. I was pleasantly surprised when this came out, and the backstory was pretty solid. Especially with the amount of Esports a lot of people pay attention to these days, it's something that you can more easily relate too and see happening.

I enjoyed the three episode mini-series sometime earlier this year. But was a friend of mine was incredibly sad to have to wait another year, but it's like Lord Grim says. You need that year of rest
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Thread Information