Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Hybrid View

Darling in the Franxx

If you have to suffer this, a good chunk of it isn't so bad.
    But honestly the entire plot devolves in to: It's Aliens.

I'm not saying it's aliens... but it's definitely aliens. Oh, and they want to take over.
    Naturally you don't find this out until almost at the end, where we go on a magical and rushed journey in to space to fight said aliens.

Really, this anime was at it's best when it was about the teens living together and trying to learn how to live without the assistance they'd been so accustomed to for most of the series. But that ending was just unforgivable. It was awful, rushed, and just... just bad. It's like they suddenly wanted to relive the Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann days, but had no idea what made TTGL good. Such a shame. It actually started out quite well, which lasted a solid half the series or so. Buuut it just had to 'suddenly the anti-spirals', and did so near the end, despite the original main enemy being entirely terrestrial in nature.

In my opinion, avoid this. But hey. Your mileage may vary.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Oh yeah, we got custom user titles. Mr.Anderson's Avatar
    I remember seeing a YT video about it. Some channel named Basement troll or something (definitely had basement in it). Laid out so nicely how this series is a disappointment I think I understand your feelings exactly despite not having seen it. In fact, I stumbled upon the video after wondering if I should watch the series.

The guy really made the beginning sound really great and then there's an 'explanation' episode about as well done as most anime have the 'beach' episode.

Blog Entries
    Haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet. Though I do recall a lot of drama going on regarding this anime, but I can't recall why. Regardless, it's on the list.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Thread Information