Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

A proposition....

Now, I don't know what you people believe that moderators should be, but there is one thing that I think they should be, based off personal experience. Allow me to tell you the story.....

It was about a year ago, when I was just starting my real internet rampage. It was at a forum about RPGs, a nice small community. I was still a little newb at the time, and had only JUST begun to develop cyncism.

Anyway, I joined under a noob name, and eventually got it changed, etc. There was a News/Discussion section, which I particularly enjoyed.

Unfortunately, it was dominated by stubborn 24 year old liberals. Which, I admit, was better than the previous site I was on, where everyone was 40.

What happened with the Administrators there was that a kid ONE YEAR OLDER THAN ME was "hating" on me for no reason, mostly because he disagreed with my views on...well..Naruto. I'm ashamed to admit that I actually watched that show.

Anyway, anytime he saw me, DESPITE my logical arguments that told him to bug off, he continued. When I took my case to a Mod, they said "We'll look into it".

Nothing changed. Further instances involving stuff like this basically made me look for another forum, where I could at least state my opinion (which was STILL suck it up and get over it candy asses) without getting 40,000 cries of "You're insensitive!".

Anyway, I ended up going through sites, etc. Along the way, I met many people like that. I grew cynical and bitter with anyone on the internet, and eventually people in real life. I learned that it's best to hate people to start, because it saves times.

That last part had no point, but I like it, so it stays.

Anyway, the original purpose (before I got off topic, complaining) was to basically say that ANYONE WITH A BIAS OR VENDETTA AGAINST MEMBER(S) SHOULD BE DE-MODDED, OR DENIED MODSHIP.

This prevents stupidity. Discuss.
    Knowledge is power. The Power to make everyone else feel like an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Im interested in knowing what was your "noob" name ?. I agree though, mod people should be unbiased, can't say that all the current staff people are

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi's Secret Lover View Post
    Anyway, the original purpose (before I got off topic, complaining) was to basically say that ANYONE WITH A BIAS OR VENDETTA AGAINST MEMBER(S) SHOULD BE DE-MODDED, OR DENIED MODSHIP.
    Good idea. And I think this should be implemented immediately. About 1/3 of the staff fits this easy.

I'm waiting for this to be derailed, or recieve full support from Moderators.

I wonder who's gonna get Demodded.....hmmm...*sarcastically wonders*.

Because wondering can be done sarcastically with me.

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for this to be derailed
    I think they will derail this quickly.

I say, personal vendettas should be allowed for mods if and only if they can control it.

That means not banning someone who just joined just because he/she is someone who you have a personal beef with, or who you speculate would end up being trouble because he/she is trouble in real life.

Yeah, that means you Eva and FB.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, ridiculous

^-^ Who's bright idea was this thread?

Anyway. Some of us mods like to have fun. You may all want us to be robots, but I can tell you right here and now, you can go to hell We aren't robots We like to have a little fun every now and then. You can say mods have to be unbiased, but in some ways, everyones biased to a certain degree. -.- Don't be stupid in your assumptions.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

An Officer & a Gentleman Flashman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCat View Post
    I think they will derail this quickly.

Did some one say derail?

But on a more serious note, you should know that the moderators, gmods and admins are working on this probkem and plans have already been drawn up for the the reformation of the mods.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ! View Post
    Yeah, ridiculous
    Bias? Vendetta? No, not in a Mexican, surely

Quote Originally Posted by BobCat View Post
    Good idea. And I think this should be implemented immediately. About 1/3 of the staff fits this easy.
    Bias and vendettas, illustrated quite sharply here, from all parties

Cheers though.

Bias is part of choosing moderators. It shouldn't ought to be, but it is. I personally try wherever possible to keep the best interests of the forum at the forefront of my mind when deciding on moderators. I reckon I've been reasonably successful on this score so far. But if you get on well with someone, it's only natural that if you're in a position of reasonable authority you could want them to have some sort of power too

How does one decide if someone is holding a vendetta or is biased? Doesn't that then show bias from the higher-ups, if we boot someone who's got a problem with someone else?

People's opinions are the making and breaking of them. Remember, on here, BobCat used to be an admin. Selo used to be an admin. Kei used to be an admin. They all showed bias at some point, but that wasn't what led to them leaving their positions.

Besides, if you're deciding on who to give rights to, it's nice sometimes to have a conflicting point of view.

All of you who have one word to say against me will never be mods in this place. I rule all!

Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    [...]pretty epic in terms of epicness

Hinata-Sou Resident
    I'm a good mod cos I don't have opinions of people.

this thread is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hinarei View Post
    All of you who have one word to say against me will never be mods in this place. I rule all!
    It all makes sense now!

Blog Entries
    That's correct . Oh yeah hinarei, whats all this talk I've been hearing of people wanting to remove you from the admin position ?

Hinarei, I don't honestly care if they feel like having power or not. Their job isn't to hold onto their power (that's the Politicians job). Their job is to ENFORCE THE RULES WHEN THEY ARE BROKEN. Police, Politzeit, KGB, whatever you want to call it.

Having a Bias/Vendetta (I'll come out and say it, DarkEva has a bias against KC and others) interfers with your judgement, which is key to having you as a Mod.

Honestly, whether they LIKE the person is not my problem, but if they're showing a Bias, then they're gone (if they can control it, I don't care).

Let's review for a second:

Moderators = Some Power
    Admins = Lotsa Power
    Members = No Power

Losta Power = Lotsa Responsibility
    Some Power = Some Responsibility
    No Power = Follow the Rules

One of the Responsibilities of a Mod//Admin is to SUSPEND PERSONAL VIEWS//OPINIONS WHEN MAKING JUDGEMENTS. I type in caps to draw attention to it, like yelling through text. Hopefully, it will get through all of you, bypassing your incredibily dense and stupid skulls.

Of course, we can NOT hold the Administration responsible for suspending it's opinions when making judgements....but that's called Corruption. I have a bias against corruption.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Betong Åsna View Post
    I'm a good mod cos I don't have opinions of people.
    That's not true.

You've already been reprimanded for your bad behavior toward me.

Blog Entries
    We should remove everyone as mod/admin so we're all equals(hurrah communism)

We should give the Members more power so that they're able to change the Administration when they don't like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Lenin View Post
    We should give the Members more power so that they're able to change the Administration when they don't like it.
    We already had that, it was called the riot, and that's why the board went downhill from there.

Well, we compensated by becoming SocioFacists.

I'll give this a bit of time...

KC
    interesting idea, but it's a piece of crap.

you can't expect people not to have opinions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information