Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool The Campaign for adminship

I don't know if this is the solution but at least we should try it. Balmung gave me part of the idea of this but I can't assign some1 if he or she are not interested. So I open this thread in order you can support any user that you believe that can be a good admin or propose yourself, some1 that can lead us to the light we need a clean up in the staff, new mods, new organization, new ideas.

Requirements:

- Ryo is not a good option
    - Not Mexicans (j/k)
    -
    never have been part of a harlem shake video (optional)

Genuin Otaku :3
    As long as I can keep my mod rights over NBB I don't mind, but I'm afraid if I nominate myself for a higher position I might go power crazy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Ahh that was a good nap.

Anyway, I thank you Style for being so quick in this.

Also, regarding NBB, the original plan was to due away with all brigades. But for some reason we still have one...=_= (Not Amused)
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Aegis and Balmung.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoh
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Blog Entries
    I would kind of Like to see Bobcat on Staff again, this is up for debate though.
    Gi-sei

".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

King Awesomely Awesomeness Aniki's Avatar
    So am I correct in assuming that these new leaders of ours will be actively pursuing ways to increase the activity of the forum?

As in, first we pick who to lead us then we let him/her worry about doing all the work?
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    Well not all the work, but it IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE THEM. A Campaign for activity is excessively side-tracked by non-existent staff
    Gi-sei

Well that's great and all but to be honest it'd be a lot easier to pick people to lead us down the path of glory if we knew who exactly is active and/or willing to be active. I mean I could nominate myself but let's face it, I'm no leader and I'm sure as heck not going to be actively pursuing a way to get more people to be.

Long story short: Who are plausible candidates to choose from?
    Should remember what happened the last time Balmung had the power to change my name.
    ^Buttface

I am inclined to agree with Aniki. Even if we look at the active members it does not mean they themselves want the position.

Since I know my thoughts I will be my own example. I have returned to being regularly active since January so technically qualify as an active member...I guess. Anyway, I also have experience running a decent sized forum (500+ active members) as and Admin for over 2 years. Now lets say someone nominated me for a high level position (I doubt anyone was, but if you were thinking of doing this you are crazier than I am), my response would be an immediate NO as I have no desire to run a forum again. The same is a possible result of nominating anyone.

The best thing to do in my mind would be for those who WOULD at least accept a mod position to step forward themselves. From there decisions can be made without risk of wasting time discussing and deciding just to have the person refuse.

Member: Entire Chao Bao Zi, HKSS, Motoko Brigade, Zazie Brigade, Mei Sakura Brigade, Red vs Blue Brigade, Sakurazaki Setsuna Brigade, Evangeline: Vampiric Association, Izumi Ako Brigade, The Ghost~Ghost Sayo-Chan Brigade, Satsuki Yotsuba Brigade, Akira Okochi Brigade, Chisame Brigade, Ku Fei Brigade, Asuna Kagurazaka Brigade, Anya/Nekane Brigade, Mecha Brigade, .Hack//TWILIGHT HACKERS, Star Wars Brigade

Blog Entries
    Though I have been nominated I would also have to say no to the higher level positions I mean being a mod is right up my alley and well I am on at least once a day but I guess I could come on a little more thank god to animeb going mobile . I would definitely back Bobcat if he where put on staff . Despite some shortcomings he is a pretty loyal guy to this whole idea of revamping animeb. I will say definitely NO to putting Ryo in charge of anything XP.
    Last edited by Aegis; 8 May 2013 at 4:43 am.
    Welcome to the other side of hell.

Affiliations:
    Shosa of the Motoko Brigade
    Leader of Our Divine Motoko's Eclipsers.

Blog Entries
    No to Ryo Anything.

Regardless, I'd like to keep the voting short and sweet and not make a repeat of the last time. So I'd like for Style to have a clear idea of how we feel by the 10th at least.

I really don't want to over-think this process. If I think you'll do a good job, I'll nominate you. And I would like to get Bobcat's opinion on these votes if he is to pop up.
    Gi-sei

I guess someone needs to get on gaia and find him.
    They compared school girls drinking tea to men drinking during war... Why do you go to this site again?

Blog Entries
    Done. In the mean time, a second or third would be viable pics =_=

The power shouldn't go to just one person and should be spread evenly.

I want at least one Lawful Evil, One Chaotic Good, and one True Neutral
    Gi-sei

Here's a little outside the box thinking: why not look for a new face? As in, someone not currently associated with the forum. I may not frequent forums but I know many of you do. Perhaps someone might take an interest in helping fix up the old joint?

Just a thought.
    ^Buttface

Blog Entries
    Well certainly, if someone had the proper credentials that would be nice. But at the same time...there's the whole, you don't really know the person kind of thing.

Unless there's a Craigslist for fixing up anime sites.
    Gi-sei

Blog Entries
    True BMIII. The whole not knowing the person would go off kilter . Then again maybe fresh ideas from somewhere else would be a good thing because if you think about it we do all seem to becoming up with the same plan of action and well things could get a little stagnant and repetitive . The idea of spreading the power over three people the way you described was used once before in ancient Roman society it worked well for them for a couple hundred years till a man called Julius Caesar came along and broke up the triumvirate system and the whole empire declined within 120 years because the rest of them got lazy. I think we should look at this as playing a game of chest while looking six moves ahead from my experience military tactics could be applied to this and be modified under a system of semi martial law.

Affiliations:

Blog Entries

We use to have 3 Admins at all given times. If I can get two, I'd be happy. Ancient Civilization has nothing to do with it, I just want active people Admin'ing/Moderating.

We already are under Martial Law, and the Law says VOTE :v

Edit: In retrospect, I probably wouldn't say no to a Caesar about now. ᕦ(°□°)ᕤ
    Last edited by Balmung; 8 May 2013 at 10:49 pm.
    Gi-sei

Blog Entries
    I figured I would put that out there so we can atleast learn from someone else's mistakes . You know what they say if we don't learn from the past where doomed to repeat it . I do think we should take in consideration that a list of possible candidates be chosen on their real life accomplishments and actual experience for the positions consider it like filling out a resume for a job.
    Last edited by Aegis; 8 May 2013 at 10:58 pm.

Affiliations:

The only past mistake here is having mods that sporadically disappear and reappear on a whim. The fact is that we NEED reliable MODS. At least two-four easy to contact mods who are committed and willing to be around the site however often is needed of them.

This isn't an Empire or a Republic, we don't need a system of government. We just need some active moderators to get the site back onto it's feet and keep it there.

Why not for now choose 4 mods, then have them choose one admin from their group leaving 3 mods and 1 admin. Considering the current number of active members that seems the most reasonable to accomplish. They can work as a team to get the forum back on it's feet. Then once things pick up, a second admin could be picked from the remaining 3 original mods and additional mods can be pulled from the new community or returners with numbers appropriate for the activity. If needed a third admin could be raised from the ranks later.

In short, I'm suggesting a simple command structure for now like a Company sized military unit: 1 Captain to lead with 3 Leutinants. Not to many, not to few, just the right amount to actually get the job at hand done.

Member: Entire Chao Bao Zi, HKSS, Motoko Brigade, Zazie Brigade, Mei Sakura Brigade, Red vs Blue Brigade, Sakurazaki Setsuna Brigade, Evangeline: Vampiric Association, Izumi Ako Brigade, The Ghost~Ghost Sayo-Chan Brigade, Satsuki Yotsuba Brigade, Akira Okochi Brigade, Chisame Brigade, Ku Fei Brigade, Asuna Kagurazaka Brigade, Anya/Nekane Brigade, Mecha Brigade, .Hack//TWILIGHT HACKERS, Star Wars Brigade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information