Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Thread: Overlord

Overlord

That same Isekai kick has had me watching this series.
    With Season 3 having completed and soooo much more to come, this isn't going to be dying off any time soon. Especially as it's quite ruthless, brutal, and downright enjoyable. The main character is OP, for sure, but it seems the author is setting him up to have the entire world against him, which will be quite entertaining. If anything, Ains and Tanya Degurechaff would get along quite well.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    Perhaps one of my favorites. It came at a time after Log Horizon stopped showing, so I was looking for something to fill in. In came Overlord. It's enjoyable, at least for the listening to others grow shocked over the stuff he does.

Also Sebas is my favorite.
    Gi-sei
    You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo Misaki View Post
    I think only Bal's truly neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    ".....Ye, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil.... for I am the meanest Son-of-a-bitch in the Valley!"

Oh yeah, we got custom user titles. Mr.Anderson's Avatar
    I've been reading the light novel. Mostly I read manga and LNs at work but these days I'm actually fairly busy so it doesn't come up often. That said, I made it all the way past half of volume 3.

Good thing is that while the protagonist is overpowered, he's actually done right. Like say Saitama from One Punch. They need to make the character and character interactions interesting, since any combat is essentially a subversion of the normal battle tropes.

That's what I like about Overlord. He's OP, but it focuses more on world building and character development. Particularly with him pretending to be the Adventurer Momon, running around with dual massive swords despite being a spellcaster, just to 'level himself down' essentially.

At this point, it's basically going to be him vs the world.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

It's really hard to go wrong with Myth & Roid.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Adminpanzy! Like Modpanzy only cooler! ^_^ randompanzy's Avatar
    That doesn't do the opening Justice the artwork in the opening goes so well with it.

This series is great I'm always looking for more

I don't know about you guys, but if I saw these coming at me, I would shit a few bricks and somehow find a way to melt in to the ground.

For some reason though, I just couldn't stop laughing at this scene at first. Maniacal laughter. It was glorious D8
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I haven't watched anime in about 5 years.
    But this manga is so good, eventhough the MC is OP, in Isekai genre, that is a staple.

I am considering to watch some of the Isekai anime, purely of how good the manga is

Quote Originally Posted by Katajainen View Post
    It was your evil twin brother Keisuke who plotted for the Nohidolution! Not you!

I'm usually playing something light or eating when I watch anime, so I don't really read manga. But the anime of this is well worth it.

On a side note, the great thing about Isekai isn't so much that the main character is OP, but rather, what they do with that, and the characters and world they build despite it. All the main being OP does is allow them to not suck at all times. Overlord is a very good example of this.

Of course, the main being OP is basically just the writer wanting an aspect of themselves to be strong.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Blog Entries
    Haha, very true. But I do not mind, Kaze no Stigma is one of my all time fav anime, the MC is OP as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Katajainen View Post
    It was your evil twin brother Keisuke who plotted for the Nohidolution! Not you!

Thread Information