Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Thread: One Punch Man

One Punch Man

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30276/One_Punch_Man

Another anime with an OP as heck character, but also does it right.
    Saitama can defeat anyone in a single punch. He's also quite a dork, has a habit of showing up late, and the majority of the series focuses on the other characters who try their hardest to win. Very, very few heroes truly believe Saitama is as strong as he says... because he always manages to do everything after someone else has 'softened up the enemy', or when no one else was around bar Genos, his new disciple (whether he wants one or not.)

Both the anime and the manga are hilarious, and the manga flips through fight scenes in a way that screamed Anime. Watching those screens in motion is just amazing.

Very much recommend.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Oh yeah, we got custom user titles. Mr.Anderson's Avatar
    Not at home and last I checked I couldn't get it to freeze frame correctly; so img instead. But in Opening the sequence where larger and larger threat categories appear before Saitama ends with Saitama's head peering over the entire world. I do believe I saw it the very first time and it stuck with me the entire time.

As said in that other thread, OP characters in stories need to be interesting (usually best to also make them somewhat relatable in a way) and have interesting characters around it to work off. It's been so long that I've witnessed something like that, it feels as of One Punch Man was the first to do it for me. I'm pretty sure I've seen something adequate earlier, but honestly I just can't remember.

The World's Full Of Ways & Means To Waste Time
    I liked One Punch, normally my biggest gripe with Anime shows is 'Protagonist just gets stronger, leaving all his friends behind, until the show might as well throw the other cast away' (With "omg sudden power up I can beat the bad guy now" being second). One punch dealt with this is a great way, playing on the classic trope, I got invested in his life and his search for a stronger opponent. I've not finished it, but I hope he can finally find someone to give him a match.

That said, I did put it down because I felt it was a lot of the same thing. One punch lives his life, trains the robo-man, bag guy turns up, gets one-punched. It was awesome, but I felt like there was a lot of anime I need to catch up on, I just couldn't spare much more time for the same thing.

I'd give it a 7/10, easy fun and a refreshing concept on a constant anime problem, but its entire premise just isn't enough to keep me going.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKentaroShakeManye View Post
    Neji is cool, and the rest of you suck
    [Today 11:06 pm] Ebenezer Shittingway: Alcohol. It just works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuga Neji View Post
    One punch lives his life, trains the robo-man, bag guy turns up, gets one-punched.
    To be fair, you usually see struggles and interesting characters before that. One that truly stands out to me is the parts with the Deep Sea King where all the heroes fight him and the common people have to watch their hopes die. Especially especially Mumen Rider's fight.

It also eventually becomes less episodic as it moves along.
    Overall, you're mostly meant to be there for the supporting cast rather than just Saitama, because Saitama is OP as hell. The story works because it focuses on the struggles of everyone else before it ever gets to Saitama, where everyone else then has to come up with a justification as to why Saitama wins, because doing otherwise just solidifies how useless everyone else is compared to him, and no one wants to admit that despite all of their power, they're nothing to this goofy looking baldy.
    ◕ ‿‿ ◕

Exactly, plus throw in Saitama's struggle with losing touch with his humanity and you've got a pretty solid manga/anime. It's definitely worth a read/watch!

Blog Entries
    My favorite manga at the moment. Eventhough new chapters come out slow as hell, and the anime lagging behind, it still has me excited as hell waiting for the new season or chapters.
    The only anime serie i watched in 5 years.

The webcomic version is much further along btw, for the people interested

Quote Originally Posted by Katajainen View Post
    It was your evil twin brother Keisuke who plotted for the Nohidolution! Not you!

Thread Information