Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord
  • Upgrade!

A few of the more eagle-eyed among you may have noticed that the forum doesn't look quite the same as it did last week.

We've had an upgrade to the latest version of vBulletin, and this has necessitated a couple of minor skinning changes. For the most part the designs are the same, but placement of a few buttons and icons may be out.

Enjoy your new(er) vB! If you have any questions, please post 'em here or in Help
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Upgrade! started by hinarei View original post
    Comments 29 Comments
      Dcmac -
      Not too shabby, I like the new changes. It's much easier on the eyes, not that it looked bad before.
      Mr.Anderson -
      I agree, the lay-out is slightly better.
      'Silas -
      The first time I clicked "new posts" I waited for several minutes until I realized that the forum had been upgraded, and the shoutbox was also present at the "new posts" page
      hinarei -
      isn't enabled that way on the BPixel skin, Silas. Must just be something Style was toying with on the Negima skin threw me a minute, it did, then I realised I was being an idiot.

Easier on the eyes, eh, Mac? I was a fan of the old layout, and it'll take me a while to see things as "improved" but if it's here to stay I'll have to get used to it
      'Silas -
      Well I wouldn't know about that, I use the animeblu skin because of the bright colours, as you might remember I'm very fond of
      hinarei -
      ah yes, the "quite-nice-for-a-while-then-it-starts-searing-your-eyes" one It's very good indeed, but I prefer darker skins
      'Silas -
      I miss the christmas skin
      hinarei -
      well, to be fair, it's far too warm to be Christmas
      'Silas -
      BUt it's not too warm to use the christmas skin, granted that the animeblu skin is nice and bright though. However for some reason the forums seems to load faster with the negima skin
      hinarei -
      yeps... OK, best expand on that.

It would appear that our skin templates need to go through some sort of tweak to work properly with the newer version of vB. vB Default and the Negima skin don't appear to be affected, but BPixel, AnimeBlu and Dark really seem to stress my processor. Ramps up the cycles, so they do. I'll ask Style to have a poke about.
      randompanzy -
      ooo i likey ^_^

seems it likes to leave alot of space though o_o
      Style -
      well the change of the the profile info in posts is not a change of the upgrade I just did it to try another thing. it's just an option, we can have it at the left or at the top of the post.
      randompanzy -
      can you find a option to remove all of the extra space from the post style?
      hinarei -
      it only leaves a lot of space if you type one-line replies, panzeh

If we get some wordiness from people we won't lose a lot of screen estate. I believe the majority of our other skins have left sidebars, don't they? Think the Negima one was about the only one that wasn't set like this to begin with.
      Mr.Anderson -
      I agree with panyman though, there's a lot of needless space here.
      I also find the amount of space left and right huge. Is this supposed to be some kind of psychological thing? Since we're so awesome we have to waste something?
      'Silas -
      It looks really weird with that huge amount of blank space. I get the idea, but perhaps we could just make it smaller then?
      Mr.Anderson -
      Well it looks like the signature starts at the point where your personal stats end (i.e. join date, location, posts, points etc etc). I suggest finding a way to instead get your signature to start where the post ends. That or literally append it to the post.
      Style -
      you are right, thanks for the observation. it's fixed
      Katajainen -
      I am happy to notice that one thing has already been fixed. In the last vB version, some message-listing views completely lacked dates and times. (I think at least "Find all posts" under "View Profile" had this problem. It was very hard to find again something another member had posted "probably around March", for example.) Now, wherever I look, the posting dates are visible again. Great!
      Mr.Anderson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
      you are right, thanks for the observation. it's fixed
      All the styles except for Negima (and animobil of course) still have this problem