Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Joutsenlaulu

by , 3 Jan 2014 at 10:03 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Does anyone remember who I am?

Recommended background music: "Last Train to Trancentral" by The KLF and "What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 2)" by DJ Shadow.

Does Juniper the Justified Ancient ring any bell? Right now I am feeling a little more ancient than back then, but not nearly as justified. Not on AnimeB, anyway.

A year and a half ago, I announced my plan to save "Juniper Berries III" by simplifying it. None of it ...

Updated 3 Jan 2014 at 11:03 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Kana of Fury

by , 17 Oct 2010 at 4:53 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    In front of me I have a piece of white paper saying,

青い花

with furigana added on top of the kanji: あお, はな.

The original title of one of my all-time favorite comic series. Clumsy attempts drawn with a dull pencil I had at hand. Very rarely in life have I hand-written anything in kana or kanji, and this is probably the first time ever I have employed furigana. What is the point of this?

I am going to put that note up on my kitchen wall. The ...
  3. Wandering On

by , 19 Apr 2010 at 11:44 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Good news for fans of Takako Shimura!!

1. While I was busy elsewhere, a new scanlator called Houroumusume took over scanlating "Hōrō Musuko". She (or he; feminine and masculine pronouns are a pain for a Finn to begin with, but make even less sense in this very context) has done chapters 83 and 84, which are currently available on One Manga. I am looking forward to reading them.

2. According to the English-language Wikipedia, "Hōrō ...

Updated 19 Apr 2010 at 11:46 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. "Uh, Uh... Negative, Negative."

by , 13 Apr 2010 at 3:07 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Many things have happened to me, but I am not feeling collected enough to write about them yet.

On the other hand, the blogs section is looking too Hinarei-ish at the moment. A juniper's gotta do what a juniper's gotta do, right? Let me write about what has not happened to me.

So, I have not read "Megatokyo". More specifically, I have not browsed any new pages of MT online since, whenever it was, last December? I did not quite believe I would be able to ration ...

Updated 13 Apr 2010 at 2:34 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized