Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Joutsenlaulu

by , 3 Jan 2014 at 10:03 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Does anyone remember who I am?

Recommended background music: "Last Train to Trancentral" by The KLF and "What Does Your Soul Look Like (Part 2)" by DJ Shadow.

Does Juniper the Justified Ancient ring any bell? Right now I am feeling a little more ancient than back then, but not nearly as justified. Not on AnimeB, anyway.

A year and a half ago, I announced my plan to save "Juniper Berries III" by simplifying it. None of it ...

Updated 3 Jan 2014 at 11:03 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Charms of Wolf-girls Are Many...

by , 26 Mar 2011 at 8:04 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Yesterday I read all of Spice & Wolf II by Isuna Hasekura and Keito Koume (ISBN 978-0-316-10232-2). See "What a Beautiful Sky..." (August 2010) for my very brief review on the first volume.

Reading about the franchise, we are well past the peak of the S&W hype. Or at the very least, Japan is. The two anime seasons aired in 2008 and 2009, respectively. The original run of the light novel series, the basis of the whole franchise, has concluded recently. Luckily for ...

Updated 26 Mar 2011 at 8:15 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What a Beautiful Sky...

by , 25 Aug 2010 at 8:05 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Yesterday at Amai Manga CafĂ©, I was shown the 006th volume of "Black Lagoon" by Rei Hiroe, just out in Finnish. W00t! Plus I want to mention that they are importing various dōjin comics straight from Japan, and apparently these are selling well. A nice addition to the local manga scene.

We also discussed the first volume of "Spice and Wolf" by Isuna Hasekura and Keito Koume (ISBN 978-0-316-07339-4). I had read all of that one on the 11th of August, and it is unbelievable ...

Updated 20 Sep 2010 at 11:47 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized