Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Miscellanea 2012

by , 12 Jan 2012 at 10:48 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Last night I watched "Gelato (Ice Cream)", the sixth episode of the first season of the "Gunslinger Girl" anime. GG is one of the best Japanese animated series I have seen so far: slow-paced when it comes to plot, but amazingly atmosphere-intensive.

On the 29th of December last year, I bought a few used comics albums, including the three volumes of "Le Monde d'Edena" by Moebius that were translated into Finnish as "Moebius: Jean Giraudin kootut fantasiat" ...
  2. "You're So Pretty, I Just Couldn't Help but Stare!"

by , 29 Dec 2010 at 2:41 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Recently, I have returned to the "Sweet Blue Flowers" (Aoi Hana) manga by Takako Shimura after quite a while.

Most of chapters 27 through 33 have been totally hooking material -- I actually came here so as to be able to stop reading for now and spare the rest for later. I had forgotten how it is when Shimura lets her stories roll on for real. There have not even been any great turning points since

Spoiler

in chapter 25, just steady steps forward, ...

Updated 29 Dec 2010 at 2:02 pm by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gooooosh!!

by , 21 Sep 2010 at 3:13 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Today I finished reading the first volume of "Karin" by Yuna Kagesaki (in Finnish translation, ISBN 978-952-16-1216-9; better known to Tokyopop readers by the English title "Chibi Vampire"). In Finland, "Karin" has been published only since last year, and I think I recently saw a new volume at a convenience store. However, I am reading (barely) used books, sold to me by a young manga fan who would rather have money for some new video game than keep this part of his ...
  4. Dirty Dan-cing

by , 12 Feb 2010 at 10:01 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    I joined the Danbooru community in August 2009, roughly half a year ago.

Selected current stats:

• privileged account -- level 2 starting from the bottom
    • 9 note edits, most of them translations from Finnish
    • 15 image posts, 12 of them rated "safe"
    • 80 wiki edits, largely basic info on copyrights* and characters
    • 107 forum posts, largely discussing tagging problems
    • 1,000 tag edits**

The original ...

Updated 12 Feb 2010 at 10:04 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized