Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Sad?

by , 4 Jul 2012 at 3:53 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    I have had very little time for discussion forum activities lately, here or elsewhere. This sucks, because I had really gotten used to listing and reviewing comics I had read (and for a number of other reasons, but I would love to stay on topic here). My next attempt is to revive the listings in a compressed form, using the ratings system I created for a similar purpose in October 2008 (AnimeB: "List All the Manga You Have Read"). It goes like this:

E - epic
    C - captivating ...
  2. "Vaikka maailman myrskyt meitä..."

by , 2 Jul 2010 at 11:53 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Today I finished reading Emma VII (ISBN 978-952-16-1034-9) -- the final volume of the original storyline. I had continued my fast reading after vol. VI and then left the last chapter pending until there was time to blog again...

This volume was incoherent in content -- a little this and that, as the author herself commented. I could very well imagine it receiving mixed reviews by professionals.

I loved most of it.

Some of the incoherent features, such as leaving ...

Updated 3 Jul 2010 at 1:26 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. For He Had the Wings of a Swallow

by , 10 Jun 2010 at 4:18 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Today I devoured Emma VI (ISBN 978-952-16-0918-3). Gobble gobble munch munch down it went, took something like thirty-five minutes, and I was tired yet reading it with thought. The same could hardly ever happen with Negima, as fun as that series can be.

Volume VI was no doubt the intensity peak of the storyline. So much so that it left an empty feeling when it was suddenly over. Too easily, perhaps? Some gloomy chapters, anyway.

In this volume, the character of Mr. ...
  4. Oh, They Will Face Reality

by , 9 Jun 2010 at 5:23 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Yesterday (yes, it is past midnight over here once again) I finished reading Emma V (ISBN 978-952-16-0917-6).

Volume IV may have been a more enjoyable read, but boys and girls, this one must have been the most intense so far. And the tension just seems to be growing.

As far as I can tell without making special comparisons, Kaoru Mori is developing as an illustrator all the time as the series advances. Even more credit she deserves for the fact that some of her characters ...
  5. ...And Was Buried Along with Her Namelessness

by , 13 May 2010 at 5:23 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Look at this blogs section. Needs more non-Hinarei.

Yesterday I finished reading Emma IV (ISBN 978-952-16-0916-9).

Now we are getting down to the real deal. There are few weaknesses left, the storytelling varies from good to brilliant, most chapters are lush with emotions, and Mori addresses problems even more serious than I had dared to expect. Yes, this is the first time she has beaten the best parts of "Chobits". It is a mystery to me ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast