Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Sad?

by , 4 Jul 2012 at 3:53 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    I have had very little time for discussion forum activities lately, here or elsewhere. This sucks, because I had really gotten used to listing and reviewing comics I had read (and for a number of other reasons, but I would love to stay on topic here). My next attempt is to revive the listings in a compressed form, using the ratings system I created for a similar purpose in October 2008 (AnimeB: "List All the Manga You Have Read"). It goes like this:

E - epic
    C - captivating ...
  2. All Quiet on the Northern Front?

by , 31 Oct 2011 at 6:20 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    My AnimeB diary has been at a halt for an exceptionally long time. While this does coincide with an exceptionally quiet period on the discussion board, I do not see a strong connection between these two things.

It was months ago that I failed to report my finished comics here. Subsequently, I almost ceased to read print comics, and the time I spend reading novels and other books has plummeted as well. Instead I have visited two domestic anime-related conventions since Midsummer, made ...

Updated 31 Oct 2011 at 6:39 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Waking Up in a Different Country

by , 18 Apr 2011 at 6:53 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    So we had the 36th parliamentary election of our history yesterday, and yes, the end result does surprise me.

Finland has a unicameral parliament of 200 representatives, with elections every fourth year by default. For the elections, the country is divided into 15 electoral districts, and the seats for each district are assigned according to the so-called d'Hondt method. This system has produced a multi-party system, where the number of major parties is typically three or four and ...

Updated 18 Apr 2011 at 7:31 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Echoes of the Past... Stranded in the Present

by , 20 Sep 2010 at 1:12 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    For a little while now, I have been "driving too fast, driving too far". I cannot give an exact translation of the Finnish phrase I had in mind, but you know, high speeds can make one see lemon trees. The point is, I would like to write more because there is so much to share and this berry-blog has even acquired a new reader that I know of, but I have serious trouble taking the time to sit down and take a deep breath.

Yesterday I returned to "The Great Ghost Rescue" ...
  5. Learning My ABCs

by , 24 Aug 2010 at 3:55 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Much of my July and August have been spent on real-life activities (largely thanks to the weather forcing me out) and reading printed comics (largely thanks to spending time with the folks at Amai Manga Café). I feel sad for not having been able to blog about the latter as much as I would have liked to. Reading the whole first volumes of "Jazz" by Tamotsu Takamure (6th July) and "Rozen Maiden" by Peach-Pit (9th July), getting acquainted with "Scott Pilgrim" by Bryan ...

Updated 24 Aug 2010 at 4:00 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast