Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram Join our Discord

Juniper Berries, vol. III

Comics, music, Youtube, boorus, Wikipedia, Finnish culture, and more. Oh, and comics. Ask Patchouli Knowledge for details.

1. Would You Prefer Nonexistent or Confusing?

by , 5 Jul 2010 at 4:35 pm (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Today I have worked on tidying up and expanding my Youtube playlists after something of a hiatus. Another depressing job, logging in to see how many of my favorite videos have disappeared and how many interesting contributors have had their accounts "closed" or "suspended" -- little difference, for I cannot recall a single person who would have returned to activity after suspension.

I am not mad at people who want to shoot down illegal uploads. If somebody uploaded ...

Updated 6 Jul 2010 at 2:05 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

by , 14 May 2010 at 6:50 am (Juniper Berries, vol. III)
    Today I learned that one of the biggest idols of my youth is dead.

GURU, Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal, born Keith Elam in 1961*, the initiator and MC of the rap group Gang Starr and of the Jazzmatazz project, passed away almost a month ago after a lengthy struggle against cancer.

I am not saying I shared all of GURU's views even in my teen years, just stating that he was probably the most influential rap artist in my life -- in spirit, lyrically, and musically. ...

Updated 25 May 2010 at 2:47 am by Katajainen

Categories
    Uncategorized